Growing Together in Faith (G.I.F.T.)
Growing together in Faith (G.I.F.T.) is our whole parish approach to faith formation. This is an event-centered, age appropriate, inter-generational learning process that recognizes that we can learn best when we learn together; parents learning with their young children and other adults learning together in an environment conducive to adult faith-based discussion.
We meet once a month for six sessions with each session running 2 1/2 hours. This approach also provides enriching take-home resources to help households of faith continue learning at home. We live a Christ-filled life every day.
Become a GIFTer! Take your place in the gatherings for faith building, fellowship and meal sharing. For further information about G.I.F.T. and our G.I.F.T. Sacramental Program, please call 203-874-0634 x 10 or send an email to email@example.com.
GIFT 2019/2020 – Following Jesus Through the Church Year
You choose either Friday, from 6 to 8:30 p.m. or Sunday, from 12 noon to 2:30 p.m.
All programs begin with a catered dinner.
- September 20 and September 22 – Identity of Jesus (Ordinary Time)
- October 18 and October 20 – Becoming a Disciple (Ordinary Time)
- November 15 and November 17 – Preparing for the Coming of Jesus (Advent and Christmas Seasons)
- December 13* – Advent/Christmas Celebration
- January 24* and January 26* – Child/Teen Lures Safety Program (For families with children and teens)
- February 21 and February 23 – Suffering and Death of Jesus (Lent and Holy Week including Good Friday)
- March 1 – Lenten Activities
- March 27 and March 29 – New Life in Christ (Easter Vigil, Easter Sunday, Easter Season)
- April 24 and April 26 – Living as Disciples
- May 29* between 6:00 and 7:30 PM – Pentecost Celebration
*indicates shorter program
- Letter to Parents/Guardians
- First Reconciliation Schedule
- First Communion Schedule
- First Reconciliation/ First Communion in a Parish Center Classroom Saint Ann Campus unless otherwise noted
Saturday, September 7, 10:30 – 11:30 AM Overview Meeting for parents/guardians
Saturday, October 5, 10:00 AM – 12 noon – Required. Introduction to the Sacrament
Friday, October 18, 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM or Sunday, October 20, noon – 2:30 PM Highly Recommended. GIFT Session
Saturday, November 2, 10:00 AM – 12 noon – Required. Preparing for the Sacrament
Friday, December 13, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM Optional but encouraged. GIFT Advent/Christmas Celebration
- First Reconciliation Practice date and time TBD.
- First Reconciliation – Saturday, December 14, 1:00 PM Saint Gabriel Church
- First Communion/Eucharist in a Parish Center Classroom Saint Ann Campus unless otherwise noted
Friday, January 24, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM Required. Child Lures Prevention Safety Program
Saturday, February 1, 10:00 AM – 12 noon Required.
Sunday. March 1, 12 noon to 1:30 PM Highly Recommended. GIFT Lenten Activities
Saturday, March 7, 10:00 AM – 12 noon Required
Saturday, March 21, 10:00 AM – 12 noon Required. Meet in Saint Ann Church Children’s Chapel
Friday, March 27, 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM or Sunday, March 29, 12 noon – 2:30 PM Highly Recommended. GIFT Session
Thursday, April 2 , 6:15 – 7:30 PM Highly Recommended Last Supper Prayer Service and Dinner
Tuesday, April 21, beginning at 6:15 PM Required
In addition to the dates below Confirmation Candidates and parents or guardians must attend the GIFT sessions listed above.
- Confirmation Year 1 Candidates in a Parish Center Classroom Saint Ann Campus
Sunday, October 6, Noon – 1:30 PM
Sunday, November 3 , 12 noon – 1:30
Sunday, December 8, 12 noon – 1:30 PM
Sunday, January 12, 12 noon – 1:30 PM
Sunday, February 9, 12 noon – 1:30 PM
Sunday, March 8, (longer session beginning in the Children’s Chapel) 12 noon – 2:00 PM
Sunday, April 19, 12 noon – 1:30 PM
Sunday, May 17, 12 noon – 1:30 PM
Tuesday, June 2, 7:00 – 8:30 PM
- Confirmation Year 2 Candidates
Monday, October 7, 6:30-8:30 PM
Confirmation Practice Monday, October 28 at 7:00 PM at Saint Ann Church
Sacrament of Confirmation Mass Tuesday, October 29 at 7:00 PM at Saint Ann Church
RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults)
Are you or someone you know interested in learning more about the Catholic faith? Do you have questions about Catholic beliefs and traditions? If so please consider joining our RCIA program. Fill out St Raphael RCIA Registration Form and return it to the church office.
We are setting up a program for adults (age 18 or older) who have received their First Communion in the Catholic Church but have not yet received the sacrament of Confirmation. This program will be a weekly evening program beginning in late August. We will be scheduling six 2-hour sessions. Adults who compete this program will be able to receive the sacrament of Confirmation in October 2019. Please contact Maria Tomasetti (203-988-8598 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information or to register.
Catholic Biblical School
The program is intended for adults who are willing to make a commitment to complete all course requirements for at least two years. No particular educational background is required. It is recommended especially for religious education teachers, deacons, lectors, leaders of Bible study groups, and those wishing to meet the Lord in a deeper way through Scripture. ENROLLING NOW for September. Call 860-242-5573 or contact email@example.com or visit their website www.catholicedaohct.org