Growing Together in Faith (G.I.F.T.)
Growing together in Faith (G.I.F.T.) is our whole parish approach to faith formation. This is an event-centered, age appropriate, inter-generational learning process that recognizes that we can learn best when we learn together; parents learning with their young children and other adults learning together in an environment conducive to adult faith-based discussion.
We meet once a month for six sessions with each session running 2 1/2 hours. This approach also provides enriching take-home resources to help households of faith continue learning at home. We live a Christ-filled life every day.
Become a GIFTer! Take your place in the gatherings for faith building, fellowship and meal sharing. For further information about G.I.F.T. and our G.I.F.T. Sacramental Program, please call 203-874-0634 x 10 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com.
RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults)
Are you or someone you know interested in learning more about the Catholic faith? Do you have questions about Catholic beliefs and traditions? If so please consider joining our RCIA program. Fill out St Raphael RCIA Registration Form 2018 and return it to the church office.
We are setting up a program for adults (age 18 or older) who have received their First Communion in the Catholic Church but have not yet received the sacrament of Confirmation. This program will be a weekly evening program beginning in late August. We will be scheduling six 2-hour sessions. Adults who compete this program will be able to receive the sacrament of Confirmation in October 2018. Please contact Maria Tomasetti (203-988-8598 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information or to register.
Catholic Biblical School
The program is intended for adults who are willing to make a commitment to complete all course requirements for at least two years. No particular educational background is required. It is recommended especially for religious education teachers, deacons, lectors, leaders of Bible study groups, and those wishing to meet the Lord in a deeper way through Scripture. ENROLLING NOW for September. Call 860-242-5573 or contact email@example.com or visit their website www.catholicedaohct.org
GIFT 2018/2019 – The Creed Our Profession of Faith
You choose either Friday, from 6 to 8:30 p.m. or Sunday, from 12 noon to 2:30 p.m.
All programs begin with a catered dinner.
- September 21 and September 23 – Introduction, God the Father and Trinity
- October 19 and October 21 – Jesus Christ, Son of God
- November 16 and November 18 – Holy Spirit
- December 14* – Advent/Christmas Celebration
- January 25* and January 27* – Child/Teen Lures Safety Program (For families with children and teens)
- February 22 and February 24 – Jesus’ Death and Resurrection
- March 10* – Lenten Activities
- March 22 and March 24 – The Church
- April 26 and April 28 – Baptism, Resurrection of the Dead and Life of the World to Come
- May 22* – Pentecost Celebration
*indicates shorter program
- Confirmation Year 1 Candidates in a Parish Center Classroom Saint Ann Campus
Wednesday, September 5, 7:00 – 8:30 PM Overview Session with a parent or guardian
Sunday, October 7, 12 noon -1:30 PM
Sunday, November 11, 12 noon – 1:30
Sunday, December 9, 12 noon – 1:30 PM
Sunday, January 13, 12 noon – 1:30 PM
Sunday, February 10, 12 noon – 1:30 PM
Sunday, March 3, (longer session beginning in the Children’s Chapel) 12 noon – 2:00 PM
Sunday, April 17, 12 noon – 1:30 PM
Sunday, May 19, 12 noon – 1:30 PM
Thursday, May 30, 7:00 – 8:30 PM
- Confirmation Year 2 Candidates Sunday, September 16, 1:00 – 5:00 PM Confirmation Retreat Saint Gabriel Church Hall
Confirmation Practice Wednesday, October 24 at 7:00 PM at Saint Ann Church
Sacrament of Confirmation Mass Tuesday, October 30 at 7:00 PM at Saint Ann Church
- First Reconciliation/ First Communion in a Parish Center Classroom Saint Ann Campus
Saturday, September 8, 10:30 – 11:30 AM Overview Meeting for parents/guardians
Saturday, October 13, 10:00 AM – 12 noon
Saturday, November 3, 10:00 AM – 12 noon
- First Reconciliation Practice at Saint Gabriel Church date and time TBD.
- First Reconciliation Saturday, December 8, 1:00 PM at Saint Gabriel Church
- First Communion/Eucharist in a Parish Center Classroom Saint Ann Campus
Saturday, February 2, 10:00 AM – 12 noon
Saturday, March 2, 10:00 AM – 12 noon
Saturday, April 6, 10:00 AM – 12 noon
Wednesday, April 10, 6:00 – 7:00 PM
Tuesday, April 23, beginning at 6:15 PM